Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Ice Skating!

Naomi loves the movie "Twice upon a Christmas" a Disney one with Minnie Mouse and Daisy Duck ice skating. She pretend ice skates in the house constantly. So my girl friend Beth calls us and wants to go ice skating with our families. The girls were thrilled when I told them.
Kyle and Beth Kuzma with Darren and I.
Need I say more than the sign? We had a number of spills. While I was helping Malachi skate he lost his balance. I was able to help him stay on his feet for the most part, but one time his skate caught mine and we went down, down hard. We ended up taking out two other skaters that were coming by us. It was pretty funny. No one was hurt (til the morning).
Naomi and Malachi edged around the outside rail of the rink for balance. I took Cassidy around the rink. I skated and she just glided along. After a few turns I would have her take a break with Darren and I would take Naomi around a few times then Malachi. Needless to say I was a little tired at the end of the night.
Me skating Cass around.
Darren didn't want to skate so he hung out on the side with Liberty, which worked out good.
After lots of fun we headed off to find some hot chocolate.
The kids waiting patiently for the dads to bring the cars around. What a great night!

No comments: